Last Updated: March 1 2017
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on StrangeNewsChronicle’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on StrangeNewsChronicle’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Strange News Chronicle at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Strange News Chronicle’s web site are provided “as is”. Strange News Chronicle makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, eCanadaNow does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Strange News Chronicle or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Strange News Chronicle’s Internet site, even if Strange News Chronicle or a eCanadaNow authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Strange News Chronicle’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Strange News Chronicle does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Strange News Chronicle may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Strange News Chronicle does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Strange News Chronicle has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Strange News Chronicle of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Strange News Chronicle’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the Canada without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Like many other Web sites, Strange News Chronicle makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
.:: Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to www.StrangeNewsChronicle.com and other sites on the Internet.
www.StrangeNewsChronicle.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Additional opt-out choices for analytics and marketing networks
Several of the advertising networks and service providers that we use to analyze activities on our sites also offer opt-out mechanisms as an alternative to managing the placement of cookies by these services through your browser settings as discussed above:
Google Analytics: If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics, Google has developed a tool that works with major internet browsers to permit you to opt-out. For more information and install their opt-out tool, please click here: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Google Advertising: To opt-out of or manage your targeted third-party advertising preferences with Google, please click here: www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
ComScore: To opt-out of comScore’s universal data collection, please click here: www.scorecardresearch.com/preferences.aspx
National Advertising Initiative: To opt-out of targeted third party advertising by Network Advertising Initiative members, please click here: www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
In addition, some of our third party advertising partners display an “ad choices” icon with the advertisement on our site. If you see this icon with an advertisement, you can click on it to find out more information about the ad and your ad choices.